120g dark chocolate
150g caster sugar
50g cocoa powder
3 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate icing: Cocoa, Icing Sugar & Water
- Prep:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat the oven to 150 C / Gas 2. Grease a 20cm round cake tin, and dust with cocoa powder.
- In the top of a double boiler over gently simmering water, melt chocolate and butter.
- Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, cocoa powder, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour into prepared cake tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Let cool in tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Slices can also be reheated for 20 to 30 seconds in the microwave before serving.
- Serve with cream or ice cream